How to Cook with Xtrema
When cooking with Xtrema Saucepans and Skillets on your gas or electric coil stove please start by using a low heat setting for just 1 to 2 minutes. It may take a little extra time for the Xtrema to get fully heated but once it reaches the proper temperature, reduce the heat to a lower setting because the Xtrema cookware will retain heat for a longer period of time.
When frying or scrambling eggs with the 10” Xtrema skillet on your gas or electric coil stove please use medium heat and let the skillet heat for about 1 minute before spraying the inside surface of the skillet with a light coating of "High Heat" or "All Natural" canola or olive oil. These oils work the best with the Xtrema ceramic skillets. Please make sure you use a low to medium low heat setting once the skillet has reached your desired temperature. It may take a little practice to become an expert!
The Best Cooks Use Xtrema Cookware
Rebecca Wood, author of Julia Child’s award-winning cookbook now uses Xtrema products. She previously used stainless steel products, but wanted cookware that didn’t leach chemicals into her food. Why use purified water and organic produce, and let your food be harmed by the pan you cook it in? Many health conscious cooks have been unwittingly sabotaged by their cookware! Make Xtrema’s non-reactive cookware a healthy part of your kitchen. “Rule of Thumb – If the Pan is Dry, do not Turn on High.”
Glass Top Stove Details
IMPORTANT - If you cook with a glass top stove please make sure you turn the burner on LOW if the pot or skillet is Dry or Empty. Turn the burner to low. If you are boiling water you can turn the burner on high heat. “Rule of Thumb – If the Pan is Dry, do not Turn on High.”
Because our Xtrema ceramic material is so hard, we recommend that you do not slide your Xtrema cookware on any glass top stove or kitchen counter top. The unique and specially designed ceramic rings on the bottom of the cookware may scratch these surfaces. Always place a pot holder or trivet on the counter or table top when serving from your Xtrema cookware. This will protect your preparation and serving areas.
How to clean Xtrema
Clean Xtrema cookware just like you would metal cookware. You can use Baking Soda, Soft Scrub, Bon Ami, Comet and Ajax powered cleaners along with steel wool SOS and Brillo pads and heavy duty scrub sponges on the inside and outside of your Xtrema cookware. Do not worry; you cannot scratch the Xtrema cookware surface!
You cannot scratch the surface of Xtrema cookware, so if you have some tough stains, just use any kitchen cleaning product, like the ones to the right, to make your cookware look brand new.
How to Cook Eggs
- Place the Xtrema Skillet on your gas, electric or glass-top stove burner and the temperature up to medium heat. Let the skillet heat up for about 60 seconds.
- Spray or lightly coat the inside of the Xtrema Skillet with a high temperature Olive, Canola or Coconut oil.
- Wait about 30 seconds while the cooking surface of the skillet heats up.
- Then add your eggs.
- Turn the eggs.
- When the eggs are cooked to your liking turn off the burner and remove the eggs from the skillet.
- Bon Appetite.
How to Cook Grilled Cheese
- Prepare and then cut your grilled cheese sandwich in half.
- Heat your skillet on medium heat for 60 seconds.
- Place the sandwich halves on the skillet and turn when done. Bon Appetite!
How to Cook Pancakes
- Heat your skillet on medium for 60 seconds and then spray on coconut or canola oil. Place batter in the skillet.
- Flip when the top of the batter bubbles & remove the pancakes when done to your liking.