Kristy Sly Magma Stripe Fused Glass
- Made in United States
- Handmade: Every piece is handmade by the designer Kristy Sly
- Functional & Beautiful: Can be used as home accents, table settings or for food serving
- Food Safe: Lead & Heavy Metal Free
- Magma Glassware: The glass is created by layering textured sheet glass, pigmented glass powder and pigmented glass chunks (frit) into a beautiful painting, then fusing it together in the kiln. The resulting custom glass is a one-of a-kind composition optimizing texture, depth, and color.
- Now Sold Online Here: This one of a kind Red Magma Striped Fused Glass is now available on the Ceramcor Website.
How Magma-Fused Glass is Made
Each piece of my kiln-formed glass starts out as a combination of sheet glass, colored powdered glass, chunks of glass (frit), and/or thin threads of glass (stringer). These materials are assembled on a kiln shelf in various combinations to create the effect I'm striving to reach. Then the kiln is slowly heated to nearly 1500 degrees Fahrenheit, and held at this temperature until the heat works its magic on the glass. After the materials are melted together, the kiln is brought down to an annealing temperature and held there for a period of time to eliminate stress in the glass. The glass is then cooled slowly to room temperature. Patience is important in kiln-forming: This firing process typically takes more than eighteen hours from assembly to unloading.
Tableware Magma Series.
The glass is created by layering textured sheet glass, pigmented glass powder and pigmented glass chunks (frit) into a beautiful painting, then fusing it together in the kiln. The resulting custom glass is a one-of a-kind composition optimizing texture, depth, and color. This glass is then sawed on an industrial tile saw into strips and squares and finally fused into a finished piece of art that will contain bubbles in the glass that make each piece one of a kind. Each piece is also hand signed.
Glass tableware is functional and beautiful. The pieces can be enjoyed as home accents, or as a table setting for an elegant dinner. Each piece is food safe, although microwaving and the dishwasher is not recommended.
Each piece is handmade; no two are exactly alike. Slight variations and bubbles in the glass are expected and embraced. Each piece of tableware is food safe and contains no lead or metals of any kind. The glass is 100% non-porous. Hand-washing the glass will preserve its glossy finish. When storing the glass, a piece of paper towel between each piece will help retain the glasses high glossy finish. Do not put in the dishwasher or use abrasive cleaners.
(UPS Ground Service USA except Guam, Puerto Rico, Hawaii & Alaska we ship USPS
Only if damaged upon arrival; email photo immediately to email@example.com or contact Customer Service
Handmade in the United States