- Fits Two Xtrema Pieces: This cover fits both the 10” Open Skillet and the 5.5 Qt Sauce Pot for ultimate versatility.
- Easy-Grip Handle Large centered easy-grip handle makes using it a breeze.
- 100% Ceramic: Designed to last with 100% ceramic construction, like the rest of Xtrema’s ceramic cookware line.
- Works with Every Décor: From country to city, our high gloss black finish looks beautiful in every setting.
- Use Xtrema Everywhere Bring Xtrema cookware from your freezer to your oven to your table to your dishwasher with absolutely no problem.
|Carton Weight||2.0000 lbs|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Heat Source||Stove Top, Oven, Microwave, Toaster Oven, Convection Oven, Steamer Oven, Grill|
|Cleaning Instructions||Dishwasher Safe, Hand Wash Recommended|
For unbeatable value and versatility, choose our 100% ceramic cover designed to match seamlessly with both our 10” ceramic skillet and 5.5 Qt Sauce Pot. Like the rest of the Xtrema 100% ceramic cookware line, our cover is carefully handcrafted with performance, durability and eco-friendliness in mind.
Unlike other types of cookware, only Xtrema is 100% green. You’ll never have to worry about unsafe substances leaking into your food, altering its taste and endangering your health. Our covers, sauce pots, skillets and Dutch Ovens are naturally non-stick and non-scratch. They retain heat easily, which means you don’t have to use as much energy while cooking. Put our beautiful pieces on the table and then stick them in the dishwasher for easy clean-up. What could be better?
Why You Need a Ceramic Cover
Experienced home cooks rely on covers for a variety of purposes. Not only do they protect your stove top, oven, counter and table from spills, they help food retain heat and moisture without burning. Plus, we design our covers with easy-grip handles, making use and transfer as simple as possible.
Discover why our 100% ceramic cover will help you get the most out of your 10” skillet and 5.5 Qt Sauce Pot!
As with all Xtrema Cookware:
- Non-scratch: You have the freedom to use any utensils: nylon, silicone and wooden.
- Versatile: Built to withstand extreme heat and cold, each piece can go directly from oven to freezer. Whether you want to cook on the stovetop, broiler, grill or microwave, you can do it all with Xtrema.
- Easy to Clean: Spend more time enjoying your food and less time cleaning up after it with Xtrema’s sinfully easy clean up … you can even stick it in the dishwasher!
- Practical: With Xtrema, your cooking time is reduced and your food will stay hotter longer.
- Healthy: Your food will not only taste better, it will be healthier as no trace metals or chemicals leach from the non-toxic ceramic glaze surface.
- 100% Green: Not only is cooking with Xtrema healthy for your family, it’s also friendly to the environment. From the earth-friendly production practices and inorganic natural minerals used in construction to the safe ceramic glaze alternative to harmful PFOA coatings of most other popular non-stick cookware, Xtrema is eco-friendly.
- Handcrafted: Each piece is handcrafted to uphold the strict quality standards of the world’s finest ceramic cookware.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Xtrema made of?
A. Xtrema – All Ceramic Cookware is made of 100% natural minerals, clay and water and fired in Natural Gas Fired Kilns at 2,500 degrees.
Q. Where is Xtrema made?
A. Xtrema is handcrafted in our ceramics manufacturing facility in Southern China, the country that founded ceramics over 5,000 years ago.
How do I clean my Xtrema?
A. Just like metal cookware – SOS pads, Comet, Scotch Brite pads, nylon brushes cannot hurt the tough Xtrema surface.
Q. Why is Xtrema Gloss Black?
A. The color is a black high gloss ceramic glaze because black provides the best thermal properties and our ceramic glossy surface makes it easier to clean than any other type of cooking surface.
Q. Is Xtrema non-stick?
A. Xtrema is 100% Ceramic and 100% Non-Scratch. There is no synthetic chemical based non-stick ceramic or PTFE plastic coating on our Xtrema Cookware. As with all types of cookware skillets, you should use a cooking spray or your favorite cooking oil when cooking with our Xtrema skillets, omelet pan and wok.
Q. Can I cook with my Xtrema on electric coil, gas and glass top stoves?
Q. Can I cook with my Xtrema on an Induction Stove?
A. Yes but you would need special induction disk which is designed to fit on top of the induction burner.
Q. Do I need to season my Xtrema?
A. No, just wash with soapy water, rinse and you are ready to cook.
Q. Why are the covers loose fitting?
A. Xtrema’s ceramic material creates additional moisture when heated and the loose fitting covers allow excess moister to escape.
Q. Will the bottom of my Xtrema scratch my glass top stove or counter top?
A. No. The bottom of Xtrema is glazed and polished but we do not suggest sliding Xtrema on any surface.
Q. Why is Xtrema not made in the USA?
A. Presently there are no Ceramic factories in the USA which have the materials or the trained artisans to make our unique high temperature, handcrafted Xtrema Cookware.
Q. What is the Xtrema Warranty?
A. There is a 50 year warranty against thermal shock breaking during cooking. Xtrema also has a 50 warranty against scratching. We suggest using nylon, wooden or silicone tools when cooking with Xtrema since metal utensils will leave gray marks on the Xtrema surface, not scratches.
Q. Do I need to use cooking spray, oil or butter when cooking with my Xtrema?
A. Yes – we suggest olive oil, coconut oil, vegetable oil or any other high temperature oil spray. We do not recommend that you use butter since it has a lower flash point and can smoke and burn when exposed to high temperatures.
Q. Is Xtrema Dishwasher Safe?
A. Yes – but it is better to wash your Xtrema by hand because other items in the dishwasher may bang into your Xtrema cookware and chip its surface.
Q. Can Xtrema chip or break if I drop it on to a hard surface?
A. Just like any other cookware product that is made of glass or ceramic it can chip or break when dropped onto a hard surface.
Q. Do I cook with Xtrema just like I do any other cookware?
A. Xtrema is designed to be used on multiple heat sources: stove top, in the oven, under the broiler, in the microwave on the grill in a microwave oven, in a convection oven and in the toaster oven.
Q. Does Xtrema contain any lead?
A. No. Xtrema is made of 100% all-natural minerals, clay and water and it does not contain lead or any other harmful metals. Unlike many types of metal cookware Xtrema all ceramic cookware does not leach any heavy and harmful s into your food during the cooking process because it is 100% all ceramic.
Q. Are there any special instructions for storing my Xtrema?
A. Store Xtrema separately if space permits. Do not nest with other Xtrema since the weight of Xtrema nested inside Xtrema can cause damage. If you must nest Xtrema place a towel inside each piece. Another tip is to reverse the covers when storing each pot separately. This will help prevent the covers from chipping.
Q. Can Xtrema Bakeware go on top of the Stove?
Q. Can I use Metal Utensils with Xtrema Cookware?
A. Please use Nylon, Wood or Silicone tools when cooking with Xtrema. Ceramic is much harder than metal, so metal utensils will leave gray marks on the cooking surface (not scratches).
Q. Can I sear meat in the skillets?
A. Yes, but first heat the skillet at 450 degrees in the oven for 5 minutes then place on the stove, turn on the burner to sear your meat.
Q. Can I pour cold water in a hot Xtrema Pot?
A. No, let Xtrema cool first, then pour hot or warm water in your (now warm) Xtrema skillet or sauce pot.
Q. Will a chipped lid effect Xtrema's Performance?
A. No, a chipped lid is only cosmetic and it will not affect the performance of the cookware.